Located with any Artwork Detail page, the DUPLICATE button is found in the top right gray menu named ACTIONS. Here you'll see the LINK called DUPLICATE.
What it does is instantly create a clone-duplicate for the piece you are viewing. Regardless if the work is SOLD or INACTIVE, a duplicate may be created from any work.
However, the following will be done to this newly created piece:
- The Provenance has been prepended with the verbiage "DUPLICATE TO..."
- The Notes has been prepended with the verbiage "DUPLICATE TO..."
- If the work was SOLD, it is now UN-SOLD and any reference to a Customer, Commission, SoldDate, etc. have been stripped from this newly duplicated piece.
- If there were any LINE ITEMS with the parent piece, they will be carried over to the duplicate.
- If there were any DETAIL PICS with the parent piece, there are none with this one.
- As with all new inventory items, the DUPLICATE item will have a default sequence number of 99.999.
You will be presented with options to:
Choose the option that fits your needs to continue.
The purpose behind Duplicating Artwork is to give you greater flexibility in ways to deal with Editions, Line Items and items that have quantity.